Welcome to the Law Office of Stephen J. Haedicke, LLC.
An experienced lawyer and advocate, Mr. Haedicke represents individuals and entities in complex cases in federal and state court. His practice generally focuses on federal litigation, civil rights, civil service, and criminal defense.
Some of Mr. Haedicke’s previous matters include:
- Civil rights suits against state and local agencies based on wrongful death, false arrest, and excessive force
- Defense of police officer in civil service hearing involving wrongful termination
- Criminal defense of BP Well Site Leader in relation to Deepwater Horizon disaster
- Federal Tort Claims Act case against the FBI based on wrongful death
- Representation of New Orleans health care professionals during investigation of alleged euthanasia after Hurricane Katrina
- Defense of Parish Government in First Amendment retaliation case
- Public Records Act suit against the New Orleans Police Department on behalf of the Innocence Project New Orleans
- Unfair trade practices and breach of contract suit against oil services company
- Defense of RICO conspiracy class action
Mr. Haedicke has taught in the Trial Advocacy program at the Tulane University School of Law and has presented on topics such as Practice Standards for Criminal Defense, Criminal Law for Civil Lawyers, and Civil Rights Law for Criminal Lawyers. He has also been recognized as one of the top criminal defense lawyers in Louisiana by the National Trial Lawyers Association. From October 2018 to October 2020, he served as the national Chair of the Federal Bar Association’s Civil Rights Section. At the end of his term, he was appointed to serve on the Sections and Divisions Counsel of the Federal Bar Association. He is also currently a board member of the New Orleans chapter of the Federal Bar Association.
Mr. Haedicke is dedicated to personally guiding his clients through what can be the most difficult periods in their lives. If you are facing a legal problem or have been injured or wronged through the fault of others, please call the firm for a consultation.