Welcome to the Law Office of Stephen J. Haedicke, LLC, a law firm dedicated to civil rights, criminal defense, and general civil litigation in New Orleans, Louisiana.
A trial lawyer and solo practitioner, Mr. Haedicke represents individuals in complex cases in state and federal court. He regularly represents clients in all types of criminal matters, including fraud and white collar crimes, drug crimes, weapons charges, thefts, first and second degree murder, and DWIs. Additionally, he maintains an active civil practice that includes civil rights cases and general civil litigation.
Some of Mr. Haedicke’s previous matters include:
- International investigation of Foreign Corrupt Practices Act violations
- Federal Tort Claims Act case against the FBI
- Defense of individual charged with heroin conspiracy in federal court
- Criminal defense of BP Well Site Leader in relation to Deepwater Horizon disaster
- Representation of New Orleans health care professionals during investigation of alleged euthanasia after Hurricane Katrina
- Public Records Act suit against the New Orleans Police Department on behalf of the Innocence Project New Orleans
- Successful plaintiff’s suit for breach of oral contract regarding green-energy technology
- Defense of an engineering company accused of illegal business dealings in Iran
- Defense through jury trial of indigent charged with murder
Mr. Haedicke has taught in the Trial Advocacy program at the Tulane University School of Law. He has also presented on topics such as Practice Standards for Criminal Defense and Criminal Law for Civil Lawyers and has been recognized as one of the top criminal defense lawyers in Louisiana by the National Trial Lawyers Association.
Mr. Haedicke is dedicated to personally guiding his clients through what can be the most difficult periods in their lives. If you are facing a legal problem or have been injured through the fault of others, please call the firm for a free consultation.